Underground Mining Equipment
Manitou's underground mining vehicles and equipment deliver increased versatility and productivity in underground extraction, with lower fuel consumption and maintenance costs.
Underground mining equipment from Manitou is designed to increase productivity in the most demanding underground mining environments, with improved standards of operational safety.
Redefining underground mining equipment safety, Manitou has designed an array of advanced safety technology solutions, which can be easily fitted to our complete range of adaptable underground mining vehicles and equipment according to application demands.
Our underground mining equipment range includes:
- Flameproof Telehandler MT-X 625 & MT-X 732
- Flameproof Gehl 4240 Skid Steer Loader
- The Mantis Manitou - trackless twin-boom drill
- Manitou RoofBolter
- Manitou Scaler
- Flameproof Manitrax
Advanced safety technologies for undergound mining equipment:
- Flameproof systems
- Explosion resistant designs
- Enhanced operability
See Manitou at Electra Mining 2014 - View video
Key underground mining machines from Manitou:
The flameproof Manitou MT-X 625 and flameproof Manitou MT-X 732 are among Manitou's top-range trackless mining telescopic handlers. They are fully flameproof with programmable engine control systems.
- Exceptional versatility with quick-change telehandler attachments
- Enhanced traction with minimal ground surface disturbance
- Excellent ground clearance
- 2-wheel, 4-wheel and crab-steer
Flameproof Skid Steer Loaders (Gehl 4240 E)
Powered with a high-output, high-torque engine, its compact body allows for exceptional efficiency and increased manoeuvrability.
- POWERVIEW® lift arm with advanced visibility
- Capacity: 669 kg
- Machine size: 1.2 m wide X 1.78 m high
- Hydraulics system: 16.5 gmp
This flameproof trackless mining vehicle was designed to meet modern day underground towing requirements. Its two and four wheel drive with crab steer facilitates greater underground versatility.
- Max towing capacity: 20 tons
- Length (w. crane): 5.71 m
- Height (w. crane): 1.87 m
- Width: 2.41 m
The Mantis Manitou - trackless twin-boom drill
It drills, bolts, bores, installs wire mesh and roof supports, and assists in laying charges for blasting. It operates electrically underground reducing fuel consumption and emissions.
- Reaches heights of 6.9 m with vertical and horizontal
- drilling range of 4.5 m
- Choose between electric, hydraulic & pneumatic drilling action
- Height 1.5 m; width 2.2 m; length 8.14 m
- Max drilling height 4.84 m
A trackless mining automated, single-operator roof-bolter providing high operator safety, versatility and workflow efficiency. It uses a specialised
drill in soft-rock mines to insert tapers in hanging walls. This increases the success rate of epoxy injection and bolt insertion
- Impact frequency (hard-rock): 5 000 bpm @ 250 rpm
- Smart check system enhances safety
- Automated epoxy injection
- Telehandler Attachments
The Husqvarna DXR 300 is a demolition robot used in trackless mining and Manitou is pleased to offer this as part of its offering for trackless mining.
- Reach: 5.2 m
- Power: 22 kW
- Modular control system
National telehandler service
Compact telehandlers from Manitou are supported with a nation-wide service and support network.
With dedicated telehandler technicians on stand-by 24/7, 365 days a year – along with 95% parts availability – Manitou helps ensure peak operation and maximum productivity.
Manitou’s compact telehandlers, as with all material handling equipment from Manitou, comes standard with a 12 month (or 2 000 hour) warranty. Extended warranties are available on request. Read more about our warranty offering.
Make the most of skid steer versatility with the most appropriate attachment and save! Enquire now or call +27 10 040 7313 for tailored finance plans and pricing.